Pages

Wednesday 29 November 2017

What does Mauri mean to me?

Kia ora tamariki ma!

Today we had to symbolize what Mauri means to me. I drew the Tamaki Primary school Logo, the Ngapuhi sign, Netball and the New Zealand flag and I will be explaining why I chose these symbols. 

First what does Mauri mean?

Well Mauri means a life force that binds all of us together. This means that you get to come together and spend some time with each other such as family meetings, classroom discussions etc. 

Here is what my symbols mean to me!

Tamaki Primary Logo:
I used this symbol because it represents where I learn lots of things, where I found my friends and because I come to this school. This means that I used this as I symbol of kindness and family.

Ngapuhi sign:
I used the Ngapuhi sign as a symbol of family, respect, and culture. This means that Ngapuhi is my tribe and I used it because on my nans side, We are all NGAPUHI!

Netball:
Netball is one of my symbols because I love sports especially netball. I helps me to calm down, grow more strength and have a growth mindset. I also like sports because it in me and I LOVE sports even if it maybe hard I still sometimes try it out!

NZ flag:
Last of all is the NZ flag and it symbolizes where I live and how beautiful it is. This means that all my Whanau(Family) live here and it is a safe place!

Well these are the symbols I used to tell what Mauri means to me. 

THANKS FOR READING
...PLEASE COMMENT ON MY BLOG...





No comments:

Post a Comment