Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2018

How does Day and Night happen? WRITING!

Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

WALT: Explain how day and night happens!

This week we have been learning about Day and Night. Our project was to write an explanation about how day and night happens! To wrap all my work up... I made a google drawing so that you don't get bored reading my whole explanation! 


Now, How does day and night happen? Well day and night happens because when the Earth is Rotating around, it is reflecting light on the Earth. but on the other side, it is not getting light which is why we have night. As we all know, the sun can't face the whole Earth, only part of it. This is when the 24 hours comes in. Every 24 hours that Earth is rotating and in different countries, it might be dark and in your country, it might be light. 


I've just learnt that when it's Summer, We have longer days and shorter nights. But in Winter, we have shorter days and longer nights, 

I have a question for you...

Why do you think we have longer days and shorter nights in Summer, but in Winter we have shorter days and longer nights? 

Well hoped you learned something today about what causes day and night!

Please comment on my blog!

MANY THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment