Pages

Friday 23 November 2018

Athletics Reflection 2018!


Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!


IALT: Write about Athletics day last week

When: Friday 16th November
Where: It was held at the TPS field
Who: TPS students, family etc
What: Athletics day where students from TPS participate in field events and compete against each other!
Why: Because this is something that we do every year.

Last week on Friday 16th November, we had Athletics where we participate in different field events such as running, shot put, discus, high jump etc. It was held at the TPS field. After morning tea, we got straight into the running events which were the 50m, 100m, 75m, and the 400m runs. There was also the TEAM relays where we had to run around the whole track and work as a team to finish at the finish line. The teams that were versing was TOBRUK - Red(My team), BENGHAZI - Green, TRIPOLI - Blue and ALAMEIN - Yellow! We also got sausages and ice blocks for free because one of the parents brought all of it for everyone which was so kind of them. 

This year for Athletics, I really enjoyed working together and having fun with my friends and my team even though we did lose but at least we had SO much fun! One thing that I found challenging was doing the 400m race because it was really hard breathing and one of my legs was injured but there was no one in my team that wanted to do it so I stood up and did for my team. Through this whole experience, one thing I learnt about myself was that I could actually do the 400m run with an injured leg even though it was painful. 

House points:
As you guys may or may not know, the winners of Athletics this year was... BENGHAZI - green which I am very proud of them since they have won 2 years in a row. Also to Alamein who came 2nd and Tripoli who came 3rd. And to my team Tobruk, who came last. But I know that Tobruk will get 1st place next year!


QUESTION: Have you done Athletics at your school? If so, what place have you come e.g 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th?

Please comment on my blog!
MANY THANKS



No comments:

Post a Comment