Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2018

Te Tuhi Reflection!


Te Tuhi Reflection:
Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

WALT: Use colour, shapes, pattern and scale to create our abstract painting inspired by technology


Today we went on a trip to Te Tuhi art gallery. We split up into 2 groups and one group went at 9:30am and came back at 11:50am. I was in the other group so we left at 11:50am and got back to school at 2:30pm. One thing that I really enjoyed at the Te Tuhi art gallery was that I got to see the different art that people have created and also see the different videos that people made. Another thing that I really enjoyed was making abstract art and using different colours, shapes and texture to create something! 

We got a tour around the gallery and one thing that caught my eye was a sign that said "JESUS" that was made out of brown sugar. This is because it was made out of brown sugar and a kind of super glue to help put it together. Also, the story behind this was something that was very specific and I good reason of why she did that.
One thing that I learnt today at Te Tuhi was how to make abstract art using colour, shapes, patterns etc. To make something abstract, you need to use different shapes and colours to create an effect. This is an example:


As you can see, these people have used different shapes, colours and texture.

How to create abstract art - process:
  1. On your cardboard paper, outline with pencil the stencil the 4 technology stencils you have chosen.
  2. draw two lines down and two lines across.
  3. outline with vivid.
  4. Choose 4 different colours to paint on your art(make sure the same colours of paint are not side by side).
  5. Wait till dry!
I used the colours red, purple, blue and orange because I think that they are really good colours to use together! I decided to draw a laptop, a t.v, a pencil and a PS4(Playstation 4) controller because they are really common and they are technology that a lot of people use in the daily lives!


QUESTION: What do you now know about abstract art?

Please comment on my blog!

MANY THANKS



No comments:

Post a Comment