Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2018

Kapa Haka!

Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

IALT: Write about what we did in Kapa haka


Today we had Kapa haka in the middle block and we are learning a song/haka but today we only worked on the haka. During our kapa haka session, we had to do a papahurunuku's which kind of like a squat. This is because a lot of us were lack and we sounded boring so we had to do this for a very long time. We also had to do this other move but I forgot the name. It was where you have to jump up and kick your feet back so that it hits the back of your legs. It was really sore when we did it because we were all getting tired but our Kapa haka tutors told us that they had to do it for a very long time, longer then what we did. 

One thing that I enjoyed was learning a new haka/song that we will be finishing on Thursday. One thing that I didn't enjoy was doing the papahurunuku's because my legs were getting so sore but I tried to keep going. My next steps are:
- Learn how to pronounce the words properly
- Sing/haka louder
- Be confident


QUESTION: What do you know about the Maori culture?

Please comment on my blog!

MANY THANKS




No comments:

Post a Comment