Pages

Thursday 30 August 2018

Tornado - Poetry!

Tornadoes - Poetry:
Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

IALT: Reflect about my Poetry reflection

Image result for tornadoes

Today I have just finished my poem about Tornadoes. A lot of people decided to make there one rhyme but I decided not to. Here is my poem that I wrote:

The Terrifying Cloud:

I awaken from a deep sleep with the sounds of terror. The rain cried with extreme thunder and lightning appearing from the night sky, as the moon and the stars danced away. I was in a horror movie.

I tip toe to my window and the sounds get closer and closer,
The hard wind knocks on my window with a big BANG! I glanced at the window like a statue.

The wind gets harder and BANGS on the window again, I quickly run outside. A MASSIVE cloud appears out of the blue, everyone runs the other direction.

TORNADO!” Yell’s everyone...

The Tornado span around like a merry-go-round.
It whirled, twirled, twisted and curled toward me. Picking up everything like a vacuum cleaner.

I am anxiously terrified,
Shivers in my body like i’m in a tub of ice.

I’m running from side to side as it constantly carries on. Am I dreaming?

In a few hours it is finished. Houses, cars and cities are destroyed. My everything has vanished.
________________________________

I really enjoyed writing this poem about Tornadoes because I got to express my feelings in this poem! One thing that I didn't enjoy was that I tried to my it rhyme but then I decided not to because it was kind of hard. One thing I have learnt is to put my punctuation in the correct place.

QUESTION: If you got to write a poem about a natural disaster, what natural disaster would it be and why?

Please comment on my blog!

MANY THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment