Pages

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Day 1 activity 1 - WEEK 2 - St Patrick's Cathedral SLJ

Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

Today I have to find a Cathedral on google search and answer these questions:

- The name of the Cathedral?

- Where the Cathedral is located?

- When was it build?

- How long did it take to build it?

Well keep reading to find more information!


This is the picture that i've found. I have chosen this Cathedral because it's in auckland where it's kind of chose to me, and it's a very beautiful place where people can pray, light candle's and enjoy the moments of peace.

 The name of it is St Patrick's Cathedral and it was build in the early 1840's. They finished the Cathedral in 2007 so it took them a really long time to build this as you can see.

If you want to read more then here's there site:
http://www.stpatricks.org.nz/

Just copy and paste it into google and press enter.

Thanks for reading and more blog posts will be coming so stay tuned!

Ka kite ano...




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Cerenity, thanks for completing another task, I love reading your posts.

    I like the way you have separated your sentences into mini paragraphs. It has made the activity really easy to read and follow. I also like the way you have opened the activity with a series of guiding questions so that you can ensure you are answering the activity appropriately.

    It's great you have included a New Zealand church for this activity.
    Why do you think it took so long to build?

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Cerenity,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced “Emily”) and I work alongside Billy at the Summer Learning Journey!

    What a great cathedral choice, Cerenity. I really like the way you have added a picture to brighten up this blog post and also show your blog views what this cathedral looks like. I think it's great that you ave added a link because there probably will be people who would be interested to find out more!

    I use to go to St Partick's Cathedral twice a year with my high school. It's a beautiful cathedral and I really like it when the sun shines through the stain glassed windows. Have you been to St Patrick's Cathedral before? Would you like to go one day? Who would you go with?

    It is great to see you have already made some super blog posts about the Summer Learning Journey activities! I know the Summer Learning Journey team have enjoyed reading and commenting on your blog. We can't wait to see what else you will blog!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete