Pages

Sunday 24 December 2017

Day 5 activity 2 - The treaty of Waitangi

Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

For today's activity, I have to explain 3 fun things that you can do as a visitor in Waitangi.

Three fun things that I chose was:

- See Live Kapa Haka performances

- Taking a tour

- Visit the treaty house itself

Image result for Kapa haka

If I had to choose one of these 3 things to see at Waitangi, I would definitely get a tour around waitangi because it's a place where you get to explore and see things that you can't see where you live and It also gives you a chance to see the different waka's, how big Waitangi is, and especially the Maori people!


Thanks for reading and more blog posts will be coming so stay tuned!

Ka kite ano...






1 comment:

  1. Hi Cerenity,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Good work with this activity! There are lots of fun things to do at Waitangi and you've done a great job of selecting three. Going on a tour around Waitangi sounds like it would be lots of fun! And it would ensure that you saw everything.

    I have been to Waitangi a few times because my family goes on holiday in Kerikeri which is close to Waitangi. I always enjoy walking around the grounds and looking at the Treaty House. They're right there on a beach so it's great to learn about Aotearoa's history and the things that happened there back in 1840. Have you ever been to Waitangi?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer. Keep up the great work!
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete