Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Day 1 bonus activity - WEEK 2 - In Flanders Field SLJ

Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!
For today's activity, I had to read a poem about Flanders Field so if you want to read it then here it is:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.
Image result for flanders field

What do I think about this poem?
Well I think that this poem has powerful sentences and this person put a lot of depth into it. In this poem, I makes me feel like i'm living a life in Flanders field with all the beautiful poppies and the people that fought in the war to save our land. 

To me, my favourite is part is the first one: 
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
Because it has beautiful sentences like "still bravely singing" and "In Flanders field the poppies blow between the crosses, row on row". 

Thanks for reading and more blog posts will be coming so stay tuned!

Ka kite ano...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cerenity,
    My name is Patricia Santos and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you for the Summer Learning Journey this summer.
    I really enjoyed your post, specially because your text is well organised and I liked the picture you used to illustrate the poem. I agreed with you, I think this poem is very powerful and also, quite melancholic. I keep think of all those brave people lives gone because of the war. I keep thinking that is so sad but also beautiful because they have the courage to fight for our freedom.
    Wonderful job here!
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cerenity

    Well done for completing this activity.
    Ka pai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Cerenity,
    Me again! :0)
    I hope you are enjoying your holidays and by now starting to think about your return to school, only 2 weeks to go.
    If you would like to continue with the activities follow this link
    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities

    Dig in and keep blogging, I can wait to see your next post!
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete