Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Day 3 activity 2 - acknowledging ancestry SLJ

Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

This is my pepeha. If you don't know what a pepeha is then watch this video to find out what a pepeha is: LINK. Some of my pepeha is blank because I don't know what they are yet but I will learn them. 

Ko puhanga tohora te maunga .  The mountain that I affiliate* to is…

Ko ________________________ te awa .          The river that I affiliate to is….

Ko  Ngatokimatawhaorua te waka . The waka that I affiliate to is…

Ko ______________________ tōku tīpuna . My founding ancestor is…

Ko Ngapuhi me Tainui tōku iwi .          My tribe is…

Ko ________________ tōku hapu . My sub-tribe is…

Ko pukerata tōku marae . My marae is…

Ko New Zealand/Auckland ahau . I am from…

Ko Rangimarie rāua ko Timothy ōku mātua .  My parents are … and …

Ko Cerenity tōku ingoa . My name is …


Thanks for reading and more blog posts will be coming so stay tuned!

Ka kite ano...


4 comments:

  1. You are so creative with your work keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cerenity,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to read another one of your blogs! Well done.

    You've done a great job with your pepeha. It can be difficult filling in all those gaps but you've done a really good job of figuring things out.
    For your river or awa, you can use any body of water you have nearby. If you chose an ocean though make sure you change awa (Maori for river) to tahuaroa (Maori for ocean).

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings there Cerenity,

    I really enjoy reading your pepeha that you have written down for people to check out some stuff about you.
    I really enjoyed it when you had written it down in Moari that put the English translation on the side for your readers to know what one goes with what one.
    Great job on completing another task from the summer learning journey.

    I loved it when you had put down a link for readers to check out what a pepeha is if they did not know what it was
    Great Job Cerenity Keep up the good work!

    CHEERS,
    Aletheia!
    😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cerenity
    My name is Lesieli and I go to Glen Taylor school.
    My school just joined Manaiakalani.
    Great work keep it up.
    -Lesieli

    ReplyDelete