Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Day 1 Activity 3 - Bonus Activity Waka ama SLJ

Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

Would you be in a waka ama race one day?


Well if you ask me yes I would. Why? Well because you need speed and strength and I want to gain that. Not only that, but a positive mindset. This means if you don't come first then you are still happy for the other team. 

Waka ama is all about working hard. Once my sister was going to be in the waka ama but she didn't want to wake up early at 6.00 or 7.00 in the morning to practice. Yeah I get that but come on, it's for a good purpose. If I was her I would still do it!


Why would I be in a waka ama race?
Because it gets me outdoors and it also helps me build my strength. Practicing is just the start. The finish when you cross the finish line. No matter what place you come, at least you gave it your all. 

When you get this kind of opportunity, then take it. It maybe hard but it's going to be fun. You can just guess it.

Thanks for reading and more blogs posts will be coming so stay tuned!

Ka kite ano...

2 comments:

  1. Aloha Cerenity
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes school
    The waka ama definitely suits you and you definitely have the strength and the knowledge to participate in this sportings event.What country would you represent if you were in the Waka Ama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again.

    Wow, I love your positive approach to giving things a go. I like how you don't care where you finish, as long as you finish. That's the most important part. That's a great attitude to have Cerenity, for more than just the Waka Ama. Keep it up!

    It certainly seems like a challenging sport, involving a lot of strength and physical fitness. I think it would also require a strong mind to keep going when all you want to do is stop.

    Do you play any sports?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete