Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Day 2 bonus activity - special meals SLJ

Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

What's your favourite food? Well, my one is macaroni and cheese because I like the taste of the melted cheese the is put into the macaroni. When it was my first time trying it, I LOVED it. Straight away I wanted some more. This blog post is about how to make it and what you will need, plus what my favourite food is! Keep reading for more.

If you want to make macaroni and cheese this is how you make it. But first here are the incidents:

1 (8 ounce) box elbow 

- 1/4 cup of butter

- 1/4 cup all-purpose flower

- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt

- ground black pepper to taste

- 2 cups of milk

- 2 cups of shredded cheese 


This is how to make it:

By the way, this recipe is from the internet!

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes. Slowly pour milk into butter-flour mixture while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.

Fold macaroni into cheese sauce until coated.

Thanks for reading and more blog posts will be coming so stay tuned!

Ka kite ano...





2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm Macaroni and cheese sounds delicious and I definitely love it how you wrote down the recipe, because it also gives other people a chance to love macaroni and cheese just like you do. What is your favourite dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cerenity,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Good work with this post! Reading it made my tummy grumble. Macaroni and cheese is certainly delicious! I have had it lots of times and always enjoy it. When I make it, I like to put in little pieces of bacon as well.

    Have you ever made macaroni and cheese yourself? It's not too hard as you can see in the recipe you've put here. You should give it a go!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete