Pages

Sunday 24 December 2017

Day 5 activity 1 - Translating phrases SLJ

Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

For today's activity, I had to translate Maori phrases to English phrases and English phrases to Maori phrases. There are five following phrases and some will be in Maori and some will be in English. I have to explain these phrases so take a look!


Here are the five following phrases:

1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa - Welcome to New Zealand

2. Cerenity is my name - Ko Cerenity toku ingoa

3. What is your name? - He aha to ingoa

4. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro - I like to play Rugby

5. Where do you come from? - No hea koe


Thanks for reading and more blog posts will be coming so staying tuned!

Ka kite ano...




1 comment:

  1. Hi Cerenity,

    Good work with these sentences! Well done. It was a great idea to put both the Maori and English translations on your blog. It allows us to see what each sentence means really clearly.

    Could you tell me something you like to do in Maori? For example, I like to play the piano. In Maori this is: he pai taku ki te takaro i te piana. Have a go! Don't forget to use Google translate if you're not sure :)
    I think it's important that we're all able to speak a little bit of Maori, because it is a language that is only native to New Zealand. Do you know what that means?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete