Pages

Thursday 26 July 2018

Reading Jigsaw - Natural disasters!

READING JIGSAW - NATURAL DISASTERS:
Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

WALT: Analyse specific information that will help us identify key ideas in the text

Today we have started our first reading session this term by doing a Reading Jigsaw. We first got put into groups which we call our "Home groups". In my home group there is:
- Edith
- Aja
- Grace
- Mahara
- Faka'ata
- Suave
- Kaleb

Image result for reading

We then had to choose a topic that is related to natural disasters that we wanted to study about. Here is what we had to choose from:
- Hurricanes
- Tornadoes
- Floods
- Earthquakes
- Tsunamis
- Bushfires
- Cyclones

Image result for natural disasters

I chose to study about Volcanoes! After that we got put into another group but this time, it's with the people that chose the same topic that you chose. In my group is Monita, Hevani, Fine and Demetrius. One thing that I am enjoying so far is that I didn't know that much about Volcanoes and now I do. Did you know that there is about 1,500 Volcanoes on Earth and there is about 10,000 Volcanoes underwater. Interesting, right? Well, I can't WAIT to study more about Volcanoes! 

Image result for Volcanoes

QUESTION: Have you ever experienced being in a natural disaster?

Please comment on my blog!

MANY THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment